Sudokrew is looking for contract help performing cross-browser testing for a progressive web app on Android and iOS. The QA engineer will receive test cases and browser requirements, as well as access to a Browserstack account to go through testing scenarios and alerting the Project Manager of failures or identifying gaps in the test coverage. Staging deployments will occur twice a week.
Please include a cover letter answering:
- What past project or job have you had that is most like this one and why?
- What questions do you have about the project?
- What challenging part of this job are you most experienced in?
Pay: $20-$40/hr DOE
Engagement Period: 4-6 weeks
- Sanity testing for each deployment across supported browsers and operating systems
- Testing new features
- Identify and report gaps in test coverage
- Scheduled 15-30 min Standup meetings 2-4X/week
- Work closely with development and business teams to understand features, functionality, user scenarios and technical implementation
- Create, execute, and maintain test plans and test cases based on user stories/requirements and identify gaps/communicate defects
- Help troubleshoot issues and debug problems using log files
- Independently perform manual testing of applications on mobile (iOS and Android) and desktop devices
- Document test findings in detail, including clear descriptive written content describing steps to reproduce and impact to users
- Perform ongoing integration and regression testing of the software product
- Communicate clearly and precisely, both in writing and verbally
- Added bonus is experience with automation tools and the ability to create automated tests.
Desired skill set and experience
- 1.5 years direct experience working in Quality Assurance for web-based applications
- Solid understanding of software testing practices
- Experience with internal development tools such as Git, GitHub, Asana, Confluence, Browserstack
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative, remote first environment
- Adaptable to shifting priorities and ability to quickly context switch
- Detail oriented, user centric, and inquisitive
- Remote working experience